[filmscanners] Vue Scan questions

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Vue Scan questions
  • From: "David Tucker" <info@dtuckerphoto.com>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 09:52:07 -0500

I have really appreciated using the Vuescan software and it's myriad
upgrades, thanks Ed! However, there are many buttons I don't have the
foggiest as to how they work (So I really don't know what I'm missing). So
here's the list, hopefully it wont be too overwhelming a task to shed some
light on what these options do. Thanks

Minimum Dimension
Max Bitmap
Release Memory
Add Extensions
Auto refresh
Lock image size
Tiff Compression
Save after Scan
Output Log File
Auto Scan
The difference between Long Exposure Pass, and Number of Passes, and how
well either might work on the Polaroid SS4000. And is their new stuff
happening to help with better registration of the images?
Calibrate
Save Raw File
Refresh
Save

While some of these seem obvious, an explanation on their exact way of
functioning would help me to master the software and the art of scanning.

Many thanks in advance!

David T.