[filmscanners] New CCD camera

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] New CCD camera
  • From: "Hemingway, David J" <HEMINGD@polaroid.com>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 10:19:11 -0500

Slightly OT but I though it might be of interest noting the new CCD.
David

Welcome to the 107th Digital Photography Review (www.dpreview.com)
newsletter.

The most popular weekly digital photography newsletter, over 35,000
subscribers.

Foveon X3!
=========

Probably the most significant thing to happen to digital
photography since the CCD.  Foveon has today (Monday) announced its
new X3 sensor technology.  The X3 is absolutely unique in that EACH
pixel is capable of capturing all three primary colours (red, green
and blue), a typical CCD / CMOS sensor can capture only one of red,
green or blue at a particular pixel (usually in a mosaic pattern
called the Bayer pattern).

We had an EXCLUSIVE hands on with an X3 sensor and have been able
to post sample crops from some of the test images I shot.
Stunning, to say the least.

Full coverage:

Press release:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0202/02021101foveonx3.asp

Technology overview:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0202/02021102foveonx3tech.asp

Hands-on preview:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0202/02021103foveonx3preview.asp

Don't miss out on what is inevitably going to be one of the biggest
new technologies at PMA 2002.