[filmscanners] VS 7.5 grain removal (was Vuescan 7.5.b15: problem with batchprocessing.)

>Yep, I also still have the 7.1.24 and 7.2.7, the last version
>before the exposure locks were introduced
>Vuescan's grain removal in 7.5 has improved indeed.
>... This grain removal
>improvement in Vuescan is thus a very valuable improvement but it
>comes at a price which is not acceptable. Nikon's hardware
>implementation in the roll film adapter SA-30 ejects the film after
>some undocumented amount of minutes.  A scan at 4000dpi, size
>reduction 5 and medium grain removal takes now 11-12 minutes on a
>333Mhz Pentium with 384Mbytes and the film gets ejected after every
>single scan...

For those frames where you wish to apply 7.5's improved grain removal process
you might scan them with the older vuescan release, saving the raw files, then
scan those raw files from disk on 7.5.

--
Bob Shomler
http://www.shomler.com/