[filmscanners] Re: OT - Identifying Kchrome 25 v 64

I don't know of any way to determine the film type without looking at
the film edge.  The code indicates the slide was processed in April of
1980, using mounting machine or processing line 4 in Melbourne (M).

My slides were mainly process is Vancouver (V) and Toronto (T) Canada,
some in Fairlawn New Jersey (N) USA, and finally some in Hertfordshire
in England, which had no code at all, but said "mount made in England on
them...

Art

Mark T. wrote:

> Without removing the film from the mount, is there any simple way to identify
>a K25 from a K64?
>
> I guess I could project them right up and compare grain, but I'm not sure
>even that will tell me..

The ones I wish to identify are cardboard mounted, processed in Australia
(Melbourne I think), and

have 'APR 80M4' printed on them.