[filmscanners] Vuescan 7.5.b15: problem with batch processing.

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Vuescan 7.5.b15: problem with batch processing.
  • From: "ThomasH" <herthh@attbi.com>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 10:09:42 -0800
  • Newsgroups: comp.periphs.scanners

Hi,

I made a preview of the frame 2. I set rotation left, selected
frame 2 and clicked on preview. The preview was not rotated,
so I selected Device|Rotate=Left again and repeated the preview.

I selected Device|Batch Scan=All and clicked on Scan. Vuescan
made a scan of frame 2 in expected size, than without a next
scanner scan, it generated a tiny image 186x123 pixels of the
same frame and than the frame number digit begun to count up
in the Device|Frame Number text field and stopped on 40. No
further scans were observed.

Maybe because the SA-30 ejected the film before being able to
finish the scan, I have not noticed it when this happened.

In the search for the possible reason for the slowness, I realized
that Prefs|Scan Mem=80Mbyte is very low for my physical resources.
I bumped the scan memory to 320Mbyte and gave it another try.
This has helped! It takes "only 11 min" and the SA-30 has not
yet ejected the film.

Of course let's recall that once upon a time Vuescan as almost
as fast as NikonScan with ICE+GEM switched on: 1:45--2:30 min
for a 24bit tiff of such size. With every new version the
declining speed of Vuescan is becoming a significant problem.

The image rotation problem might be attributed to the removal and
recent re-introduction of the batch lists with L and R rotation
settings. I entered a list 1L-37L this time. The Device|Rotation
still shows Left. This time images appear in their "landscape"
orientation.

Thomas.