[filmscanners] Re: VueScan 7.5 beta 8 Available

Steve.gouldstone@btinternet.com writes:

> > I agree this is an excellent idea and something I'd really like to see
> >  in Vuescan. My Dual Scan 2 can not really benefit from multiple passes
> >  as the images are out of registration - though it's fairly low noise
> >  I'd always like it to be better.

Ed Hamrick replied:

> This would be doable, but the problem is that it would require twice
> as much memory - both passes would have to be buffered in memory
> before checking the alignment.

Surely, though, the long exposure scan option already requires both
passes to be buffered in memory?  If registration were activated with
this option, there wouldn't be any additional memory overhead.  I know
there are some occasions colour fringing/transition issues with the long
exposure pass facility - maybe this sort of registration would improve
this as well?

Al Bond