[filmscanners] Re: Nikon 4000ED

At 10:28 PM +0300 23-1-02, Jeremy Nicholl wrote:
>Have you tried remounting the K/chromes in decent
>plastic mounts, like Gepe?

BF: Not yet.

>I've read accusations of something referred to as "jaggies" with
>Nikon softeare. Are you saying this has now been fixed?

BF: Don't know what's been said, and haven't seen any artifacts of
this type, so can't say.

>I assume that the scratches are being emphasised by the
>Nikon light source, which seems to be different from other scanners.

BF: That's my guess.

>How much longer does digital ICE take really? I'm assuming that if I
>just leave the scanner to work overnight that won't matter, unless it
>takes a very long time!

BF: long time.  Haven't measured it.

>By the way, am I correct in assuming the
>digital ICE doesn't work on K/chromes?

BF: Apparently only the cyan layer of Kodachromes block IR, so ICE on
Kodachromes often (but not always) works.  So far I haven't found a
particular need for it with my chromes.