[filmscanners] RE: Nikon 4000ED

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] RE: Nikon 4000ED
  • From: "Åke Vinberg" <ake.vinberg@projectplace.com>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 19:13:52 +0100

I believe the bulk feeder is the same for LS2000, which I have used to
scan some 11,000 slides.

- Paper frames often jam, one to four jams per roll - those Kodchromes
took a while.
- The gap allows for one thick glass mount, so two thin mounts can slip
in if the friction between mounts is high. I ended up cutting a credit
card down and taping to narrow the gap.
- Pressure is applied at the bottom of the slide stack. A little padding
at the top of the pusher helped that problem.
- Some plastic slides have protruding little plastic tips. Those will
give you a headache.
- Your scanner will need cleaning after scanning thousands of frames.
The mirror and lens get dusty, and it can't always be blown off. The
mirror is very sensitive - much more so than a lens surface - so be
really careful when cleaning.

Other than that - a major timesaver!

Åke