[filmscanners] RE: archiving scans to CD--safe from water?

They are reasonably resistant to water, but will delaminate over time (I
don't recall how long). If they have labels on, forget it. Also, any nasty
oils or solvents in the flood water will do their own damage. And, good to
store without any inserts in the case - saves having to deal with the soggy
mush too.

Somewhere at work I think we have the disaster recover paper on CD's - I'll
see if the Conservator has it yet (the standards where still being worked on
a while back).

And a quick note - most items that are archived are actually more in danger
from flood, fire, theft etc, than long term deterioration - so CD's stored
in two locations makes sense.

Tim A