[filmscanners] Re: Vuescan 7.4.2 and saving RAW files

>Am I the only one who misses the scan/save performance feature of 7.3.13?

No, you're not alone.  Others have commented on this (also in subject thread
"Vuescan 7.4: IR cleans raw scan ...").  I really would like to see an option
for save of unprocessed raw file concurrent with final scan pass, as was done
in 7.3.13.

>By the way, I am also in the camp that does not want any processing
>(infrared cleaning or otherwise) applied to RAW files.

This can be done; but it requires more time and effort first to set up options
to scan from scanner, turn off IR, save raw file and not crop, then scan film,
then reset options to scan from file, turn on IR and set crop file options.
Yes, if one is scanning multiple films one can batch the first set then the
second set; but it still is more cumbersome and time consuming than pre 7.4.

Bob Shomler
www.shomler.com

--------