[filmscanners] Re: Film Holder was RE: Sprintscan 4000 SlideHolder

Having now played with several different slide carriers for film
scanners, I have to say that the time savings with loading and unloading
slides from the Polaroid version, plus the decreased risk of damaging a
slide during either process, makes any increased rate of failure
secondary.  Further, I know of several people who own SS4000 scanners
and find for their workflow that they prefer having two slide carriers,
down, buying a second or third one is not an unreasonable expense.

As David mentioned, unlike some manufacturers who consider "accessories"
outside of the guarantee, or provide a reduced time period, these seem
to carry the full manufacturer's warranty for the unit, meaning a
premature failure is covered.

Speaking as someone who has had my share of difficulties with film
scanners, if the only problem you're running into is the slide carrier
failing, you should be a relatively happy person.

Art