[filmscanners] unscannable delta 3200?

Hi list

Still trying to scan this nice BW from neg, but get huge "grain" probably
due to diffraction at 2400dpi (HPS20)

Before giving up, I wanna try two other directions:
- finer grain developement (Ilfotec DDX or microphen)
- scan on other filmscanners at different dpi  (2700, 2820, 2900... ) to see
diffraction's evolution.

Any tip or user advice?

Tony wrote me once he also likes this Ilford but only scans positives after
the wet darkroom. I'd really like to play further with the neg and print
some quadtones...

Thanks and best regards

Didier

PS