[filmscanners] RE: OT: problems installing SCSI card

Ezio writes ...

> It's a clear problem of IRQ missing / conflicting for
> sharing NOT available
> I can be of some help (maybe) , but off list ! ...

  I agree & disagree ... believing since most scanners are SCSI, it is
fodder for the list.

  I'm surprised Adaptec didn't suggest a different PCI slot.  It is common
the video card will share an IRQ, but this allowable with Windows
98/ME/2K/XP, but it is up to the video driver and SCSI driver to get along.

  You can try one of 2 things, or both:  (1) update the drivers, or (2) try
another PCI slot.  If you don't have an additional slot, then try swapping
cards, and make sure all PCI drivers are up-to-date.

  If this doesnt work ... then trying to troubleshoot would be off-topic.  I
do have some other suggestions, so contact me or Ezio direct.  Come to
think, I do have a suggestion for making sure your "device list" is clean.

cheerios ... shAf  :o)
Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland