[filmscanners] Building PCs ... the RAM.

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Building PCs ... the RAM.
  • From: "Ezio c/o TIN" <ezio.lucenti1@tin.it>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 05:35:26 +0100

Please, some good soul can explain to me ... why I should buy expensive DDR
RAM in huge quantity (mass RAM is going to be 512MB or 1GB ... on my system
very soon) ... when the bandwidth of MEMORY BUS is always the same e.g. on
Asus A7V266 = 2.1GB/s ???
This bandwidth is not saturated by any type of currently available memory
and I strongly doubt the system is going to use all of it ... so why to pay
the difference ?

Just a matter of having a learning attitude .... :o) ...

P.S.: please send answers OFF LIST ... not to bother the colleagues /
friends.

Sincerely.

Ezio

www.lucenti.com  e-photography site