[filmscanners] LS 4000 Green Cast

I recently purchased a Nikon Supercoolscan 4000.  I am using Nikon Scan
3.1.5 on a mac with OS 9.1. The film I use is Provia or Velvia.  I also
tried an Ektachrome slide.   All of my pre-scans and scans have an extreme
green cast, to the point that all other colors are obliterated.  I had the
scame scanner 6 months ago and did not experience this problem.  This
problem does not occur with negatives.  Using Vuescan, I was able to get
perfect scans.  But, I¹d like to get Nikon Scan to work as I believe that
there are some instances where I may wish to use all of the features of
Digital Gem and Ice, and Roc.  I¹ve been working at getting help from Nikon
Tech-support.  After many hours, turning off color controls and various
settings, the tech support person told me I'd have to go for help with "the
big boys upstairs."  After many more hours, I got ³upstairs.²  But so far no
solution. They had me send in one of my green slides.  They say that one
possibility is that a ³few of the red or blue  LED elements are not firing.²
Thinking in terms of  a hardware problem, they may want me to send them the
scanner.  But, if the scanner works with Vuescan, the hardware must be OK.
They are supposed to get back to me on Monday.  Anyone have any suggestions?
Martin