[filmscanners] Re: Vuescan clipping

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Vuescan clipping
  • From: "" <Toliwel@aol.com>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 20:38:30 EST

Thanks for the explaination Stan.  What I find when using my LS 2000, either
with NS2.5 or vuescan with the image setting, is that I get a pronounced blue
cast.  In slate grey images like rain clouds or fog, it is severe and
difficult to impossible to correct, and looks nothing like the slide or the
scene.  Ed's film terms are fantastic in eliminating this problem, with a
press of a button.  This is worst in my large archive of Kodachromes in
particular, but it is evident in Provia which I use now.  So using the image
setting doesn't help me.  I can use NS for the same color result and easily
control the clipping.  If the exposure lock control worked so I could reduce
the exposure, vuescan would be my full time scanner software.