[filmscanners] RE: Clipping

London, UK.

I was intrigued to discover years ago that houses aren't build from brick in
Canada, they fall apart because of the dry climate.

Yeah, the sealant is still in use.  The SBL is supposedly being replaced
this year, which will leave the DBL as the only speaker using the sealant.
The NBL uses sealed, linked chambers, but because it uses some kind of
transport bolts and a non-silicone (more flexible) seal, it can be
transported with the seal intact - therefore not requiring assembly.  Makes
the speaker much more practical to install.

(Moving DBLs is like dancing with a bear - once false move and you have 100
kilos of speaker impressing itself through a spike into your foot!)

Jawed