[filmscanners] Re: [filmscanners_Digest] filmscanners Digest for Sun 6 Jan, 2002

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: [filmscanners_Digest] filmscanners Digest for Sun 6 Jan, 2002
  • From: "Stanley Holmes" <FourDogs@copper.net>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 18:28:38 -0500

Thank you for your help.  I think you were probably on the right track but
we will never know for sure what fixed the problem.  I had already loaded
Adaptec's EZ SCSI software which supposedly added the ASPI layer.  I did
however run the update from Hamrick.com.  It said that it updated the layer.
I still had no success.  While I was at it, I went into the EZ SCSI
software's SCSI explorer dialog.  I touched the ATAPI branch and the
application ceased to respond.  I rebooted and WOWPOST.EXE had to be stopped
with an "END NOW".  From that point on I could never get a boot to go to
completion without going into safe mode.

The final resolution was an operating system reinstall.  I then manually
added the ASPI layer without using Adaptec's EZ SCSI software.  I installed
Vuescan at 7.3.11 which is now a different version, and everything worked
like a good dream.

I made too many changes to be sure, however my ASPI layer was highly suspect
and I believe it to be the cause of myarlier ills.

Stan