From: "John" <jackg@poboxes.com>
To: <mlidaka@ameritech.net>
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2002 7:58 AM
Subject: [filmscanners] Colorvision Spyder

Good Morning,

This is being cross posted on digital photo editing and filmscanners lists.

In case anyone is interested, I went to the colorvision web site and they
have a closeout on their older Spyders that work on CRTs only. The quoted
price is $174.00, it specifically  stated that it did not include Photoshop
Elements. I went to the B&H web site and they had it for $159.95. I assumed
I was buying the older model as viewed on the colorvision web site since the
new model was priced at $288.00

Well the good news is I received the new version which monitors both CRT and
the LCD monitors.

" Spyder with PhotoCAL (LCD/CRT Version) $288.00

Don't trust the colors on your screen? The award-winning Spyder with
PhotoCAL provides accurate and consistent monitor color quickly and easily.

This product includes:
- Award winning USB Spyder (CRT/LCD Version)
- PhotoCAL software
- Adobe Photoshop Elements
- PANTONE Swatch Libraries for Adobe Photoshop Elements
- PANTONE COLORVISION pocket guide
- a fly shaped Spyder holder for LCD monitors"

While it included Elements, I'm not sure that is important to me since I use
PS 6.1.

Regards,

John in OKC