[filmscanners] Re: OT : links re Canon S800

(Any further responses to this should probably go to me off list - so as
not to clog it at a bad time.. :)

For anyone else who is interested in this printer, I found 2 enlightening
links.. but still no review from a 'real' photographer who has used one.

http://home.cox.rr.com/meyerfamily/epson/canons800.html
A well-known page about the Epson orange fade problem (which hasn't struck
me yet I might add..).  And the Canon stands accused of the same
behaviour.  Mr Meyer also draws attention to the quite remarkable
similarity of the Canon and Epson inks..

http://www.silverace.com/dottyspotty/issue9.html
Go to bottom of page for links to magnified samples from various printers.
Maybe it is my color perception problem that emphasises it, but to me the
vertical stripes of the S800 are a *lot* worse than the horizontal streaks
of the 870/1270..

Think I'll sit back, hug my 1270, and wait to see if Epson's PM-9xx series
ever gets out of Japan.  Or maybe the *next* Canon..

mt