[filmscanners] Strange VueScan problems (bright blue high lights!)

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Strange VueScan problems (bright blue high lights!)
  • From: "Florian Rist" <florian.rist@stud.tu-muenchen.de>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 22:38:47 +0100

Hello!

I have some VueScan /SS4000 (latest version) problems:

I have to scan several 35mm negatives that I took last summer
that show a large brite white pice of cloth and sather some dark
objets I put on the cloth. I took these fotos to document the
pices of an altar we have dissassemled to examine the walls
behind it. The negativs are exposed correctly, prints are fine but
the scans look horribel:

Instead of a white or lightgray cloth I get a brite blue one. The
histogramms of the red and gerrn chanel look OK, but the one
for blue shos a large peek at the brite end.

Whate to do? I treid a loot of different setting and always got the
same results. (Well not exakty the same of course, but the main
problem remiand …)

I uploded a sample scan (70kB): http://www.stud.tu-
muenchen.de/~florian.rist/crop0053.jpg
In case any one’s interested in her’s the RAW scan (2.5MB):
http://www.stud.tu-muenchen.de/~florian.rist/crop0053.tif

The RAW scann is OK, by the way.

I hope you can help me out. Thanks.

cu
Flo

PS: I’ve benn using VueScan for a long time now, I never ran
into such probelems. Strange.