[filmscanners] Re: Agfa woes - Epson 2450

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Agfa woes - Epson 2450
  • From: "Johnny Zasada" <johnny_zasada@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 21:26:42 +0100

> I can say exactly the same things about the Epson 2450 - I ´didn´t have a
> good feeling about spending a huge amount of data for a dedicated medium
> format scanner like the Polaroid 120 or the Nikon 8000. So luckiliy a
> photographer pointed me towards the Epson 2450 and I am very glad I went for
> this low cost but high quality machine.

I feel the same as you about the price/performance-ratio of MF film
scanners. Did you use any other scanner for MF before Epson? Right now I'm
wondering if it would make sense for me to upgrade from an Umax Astra 4000
to the Epson. Don't know if the difference is that huge.

High-Res flatbed scanners are becoming the poor medium-format mans film
scannner.

Regards

Johnny