From: filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of
erik.kaffehr@swipnet.se
Subject: [filmscanners] VS vs. NS Cleaning

Hi!

I think that both Vuescan and Digital ICE don't work very well with
Kodachrome slides, which has also been stated many times. As far as I know
Digital ICE softens the image, while Vuescan does not. So I'd suggest that
applying som additional filter (dust and scratches) in Photoshop may help. I
use GIMP (under Linux) mostly, which has a Despeckle filter which, according
to my experince, is much superior to 'dust and scratches' in PhotoShop.

Best regards

Erik

--
Erik Kaffehr                erik.kaffehr@swipnet.se alt. ekr@ksu.se
Mariebergsvägen 53          +46 155 219338 (home)