[filmscanners] Re: Full frame scans

Laurie any and all these reasons may be correct, but the question remains,
why is being locked into a cropped image deemed preferable to giving the
option to crop OR go full frame, like a drum scan, or like photographers who
file their own carriers?

I am of the mind that tradition has gotten it wrong, that standard issue
should be full frame carriers, with
pay-extra-to-have-your-image-arbitrarily-cropped-carriers optional, and
perpetuating an error is silly. So though you may have factually explained
how manufacturers have allowed themselves (as has the paying public) to
lapse into jaded ignorance, I can't conceive of how such apathy has gone on
for so long.

Oh well, call me an idealistic fool.

Todd

PS, Austin lives, Leaf rules!