[filmscanners] Re: Fw: OT: Printing Large Files

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Re: Fw: OT: Printing Large Files
  • From: "Arthur Entlich" <filmscanners@halftone.co.uk>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 03:25:29 -0800

Firstly, I would do whatever I could to shrink the file size.  That
would include bringing it down to 8 bit/color (24 bit) and flattening it
so it has no layers on top.  Of course, if you haven't done so, save the
file in its larger form before doing this.

Then, make sure wherever it is you send your image to for spooling from
within the Epson driver has enough space available to spool the image.
This should be several times the size of the file itself, and should not
be shared, if possible, with the area where you have either your
Photoshop scratch disks and MS swap files (I'm assuming you are using a
PC and WINdows).

I don't know the driver fro the exact printer you have, but my Epson
printers are limited to 44" long images.  I have printed from images
that have very large files sizes, and up to 44" long.

Art