Re: filmscanners:Vuescan bugs isolated

In a message dated 12/18/2001 5:35:10 PM EST, jimhayes@jymis.com writes:

> That's the variable that changes things Ed..."release memory" reflips,
lightens,
>  and compresses to 1/2 the contrast range in pshop. When I uncheck it I get
> nice, full histograms, correctly flipped image.

Yes, I've found the problem and fixed it.  The problem was that it
has to do two passes over the memory buffer in 7.3.5, once
with the Monitor color space and another time with the File
color space.  The memory buffer was getting cleared after
the first pass, so the passes for the file writing were going all
the way to the scanner.

>  I hope that helps solve your color space problem.

It's fixed in VueScan 7.3.6 - thanks to all the people on
this mailing list for helping solve this.

Regards,
Ed Hamrick

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.