Re: filmscanners:Vuescan bugs isolated

Ed,

I was just testing this very thing. I tried changing three things: 1) "focus"
from "always" to "on preview"; 2) Changing both monitor and file space from
Apple RGB to Adobe RGB and back (remember I have a b&w image); and 3)
checking/unchecking the "release memory" box. I normally leave this unchecked,
since Pshop can run with vuescan up.

That's the variable that changes things Ed..."release memory" reflips, lightens,
and compresses to 1/2 the contrast range in pshop. When I uncheck it I get nice,
full histograms, correctly flipped image.

I can also tell you that on my windows 98SE system, both the displayed image in
Vuescan and the b&w image in Pshop are a little darker with "Adobe RGB" selected
vs "Apple RGB". It is also reflected in the pshop histogram. I hope that helps
solve your color space problem.

--
Jim Hayes

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.