filmscanners: Epson 2450, firewire and Win 98SE (Viewscan/Epson S/W)

Is there anyone in the group who has managed to make the Perfection 2450
work with a firewire interface under Win98 SE.  This could be either with
Viewscan or with the Epson TWAIN driver.  The scanner works with a USB 1.1
but it is s..l..o..w..!

When the firewire is used to connect the scanner and I examine the control
panel, I find that the firewire interface is present and running (with the
latest patches for win 98 SE), the 2450 is present as an imaging device,
the TWAIN driver is running, and there is an icon at the bottom right of
the screen for disconnecting the Epson 2450 firewire interface prior to
turning off the scanner.  However, neither Viewscan nor the Epson scan
interface will work.  It is clear that Win 98 only "kind of" recognizes the
2450.  Suggestions -- other than upgrading to XP --?

Any luck with Viewscan and firewire under Linux?

By the way, first impressions are that is a excellent scanner. I've scanned
a bunch of B/W negatives, some of which have extreme contrast ranges, and
am excited about the results.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.