RE: filmscanners: File output format

Alex writes ...

> ... what I'm missing is the information what is the unprocessed
> raw format straight from the scanner.

  You probably ought to be addressing some scanner or software in particular
(Vuescan?), but the data is almost always RGB (possibly IR) at a depth set
by the scanner's firmware (8bit/channel, 10, 12, 14 ...).

> Is the downloaded raw file TIFF only ?

  TIFF is the usual format.  Regarding the other color space stuff, that
would approach proprietary information, depending on who's software your
speaking of.

shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.