filmscanners: Minolta Multi Pro with negs

I havent't put my hands on any filmscanner yet, I haven't seen any in action
neither.
That's why I have to ask this simple question:
How one scans negs with scanning software from Minolta?. Does it have
separate profiles for different neg types or is it done differently?
I ask because currently I'm saving money to buy Minolta Multi Pro. I like
almost every aspect of this machine, I'm only worried about the Minolta's
software performance with negs, as I read "The Minolta scanner lacks any
film terms for color negative film so the colors suck for scans from color
negs" somewhere on the Net.
80% of my film material are negs, unfortunately.
I can't verify if the above cited statement is exagerrated or is it true.
If yes, than I can only count on VueScan's capabilities. But then I'm a
little bit concerned about my chances for support from Ed Hamrick. I asked
him two days ago how well VueScan supports the Minolta Multi Pro, if there
are any incompabilities, but he doesn't feel like answering my question.
I once made the mistake to ask Mr.Hamrick a non-VueScan related question and
now he seems to treat me as a nuisance and avoids answering my e-mails.
Mr.Hamrick, I promise not to ask you anymore about "what to choose" ! ;-)

Anyway, coming back to my initial question: will I get good neg scan from
Minolta Multi Pro?

Regards

Tomasz Zakrzewski

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.