Re: filmscanners: RE: filmscanners: Re: Rescans and archiving

Not to be too picky, but Ektachrome is a Kodak trademark, and Fuji
therefore doesn't make any Ektachrome films.  You probably would be more
accurate by saying all "E-6" processed films if you wish to include
Fujichrome, although even the E-6 process is owned by Kodak, and Fuji
calls their process CR-56 or something like that.

Art

Rob Geraghty wrote:

> Roger wrote:
>
>>At 11:26 PM +1000 12/12/01, Rob Geraghty wrote:
>>
>>>The archival nature of Kodachrome is awesome.  It's a shame that the
>>>technology is being displaced by ektachrome in that respect.  However

>>>believe the modern Ektachrome films are much more archival than earlier
>>>versions.
>>>
>>Yes, that is true, but they still don't match the Fujichromes
>>for longevity, at least according to Henry Wilhelm.
>>

> Hi Roger - when I spoke of Ektachrome, I meant *all* ektachrome films, which
> includes Fuji and all other brands which use the ektachrome process.  It's
> reassuring to know that Wilhelm says Fuji films have good longevity since
> almost my entire collection is fuji film.  However, Fuji film simply wasn't
> around just post WWII, but I've seen Kodachromes that still look brilliant
> from QEII's coronation.  I really hope that Fuji films do turn out to last
> a long time, but at the moment the only one we can be sure of is Kodachrome.
>
> But note I'm shooting Fuji because I like the colour and other aspects of
> the films. :)  If I was really paranoid about longevity, I'd probably shoot
> kodachrome.
>
> As was mentioned before, all this depends on how well they're stored etc.
>
> Rob

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.