Re: filmscanners: Filmscanners: OT: E-mail virus

> >> Perhaps we should all suggest to our service providers that
> >> they should impliment a similar scheme.
>
> The ISP that hosts my website and provides my mail has a virus-checker
> running on the pop and smtp servers. This means that I *cannot* receive
> a virus, and if I accidently catch one it can't be sent either. He keeps
> the virus-checker totally up to date.
>
> That's much more sensible than just blocking certain types of
> attachments. I don't run any anti-virus software, and in 6 years of
> regular internet use I've never had a virus. Not once.

Well, you're playing an online form of Russian Roulette then. Some of the
recent rash of viruses attach themselves to web pages. Click on the right
link, and you're hit! And, you probably won't know about it until for some
time. Unless of course, the virus trashes your system.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.