Re: filmscanners: Rescans and archiving

On 12/11/01 9:25 AM, "Mário Teixeira" <mjteixeira@yahoo.com> wrote:

> "Arthur Entlich" <artistic@ampsc.com> wrote:
>
> | Personally, I trust my film to maintain most of its integrity for many
> | years to come, so I'm not panicking to get everything on CD-R.
> |
> | Art
>
> Me too, I trust my color slides longevity -- I am scanning slides with near
> thirty years that are in perfect conditions.
>
> Mario Teixeira
> mjteixeira@yahoo.com

Hi!

I have a couple rolls of Kodachrome that my father shot (Leica IIIc) when I
was 3 mos old. That makes them (shudder) over fifty years old. They look
like the day they came back from Kodak. (Hell to scan though.) On the other
hand, sometime in the Sixties Dad switched to some gawdawful stuff called
"Dynachrome". Every last slide is useless.

Les

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.