Re: filmscanners: Ed Hamrick: Output files in VueScan

You *do* still have the extension in the filename box, don't you? The
default file name is
  crop0001+.tif
which means name the files crop0001.tif, crop0002.tif, etc. But you
can put any name or extension you like there. VueScan assumes you know
what you want, and if you give a name of 'dana0001+.jpg' and tell
VueScan to save in TIF format, you will get a bunch of files with .jpg
extension but with TIF data.

One interesting sidenote: You can give a name like dana0016+.tif and
the numbering will start at 16. Very helpful when you are scanning the
rest of a roll of film and you have already burned the first frames
onto a CD and removed them from the hard drive.

Another sidenote (WARNING) is that if you give a static
(non-incrementing) name, like 'danastuff.tif', VueScan will write
every image to that name, which means at the end of scanning several
(many?) frames you have only one file, and it is of the most recent
scan.

HTH,
  --Dana