filmscanners: OT: curled film - any help?

Dear FILMscanners

Recently I'm in the process of organising my color negatives. For the last 6
years I have been leaving whole rolls of negatives in their envelopes.
Now I treat them first with a substance said to help wash out chemistry,
then wash them and cut into 6 frame strips and put into acetate sleeves.
My problem is that negatives of one set are flat, whereas the more recent
ones are longitudaly curled to an extent that bothers me a bit.
What can cause films to curl? Did I pour too much of the washing agent into
the last wash? (I do control the amount exactly). Did I let them to dry for
too much or too long?
What can I do now? Will simple weighing with books suffice? Should I
increase humidityin my room? (at the moment I have 35% humidity due to
heating with radiators). What else can I do?

Best regards

Tomasz Zakrzewski

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.