Re: filmscanners: Correction for daylight slides with artificial light

On December 03, 2001 3:25 PM  "Robert E. Wright" <rew@impulse.net> wrote:

| > 1- Pick the color of a white structure (I choose a ceiling near a
| > fluorescent light); 2 - Aplly an overlay layer with the inverse of this
| > color.
| Try changing the blend mode of the "overlay layer" to color and adjusting
| the opacity to taste (maybe 50%).
| Bob
| > This makes a filter that I can apply to the other slides (as a starting
| > point) much better than all my other tries. While it cannot correct for
| the
| > uneven illumination, results are very agreable and also very plausible.

Great, Robert, your advice is excellent! Results are much better in color
mode. Not only the color is more natural but also what seemed to me an
irrecoverable uneven illumunation effect becomes much less evident. After
trying so many things, it is unbeliveable that I didn't try a so intuitive
one. Happily you gave me this help

Regards,

Mário Teixeira
mjteixeira@yahoo.com