From:   SKID Photography [mailto:skid@bway.net]
Sent:   Monday, December 03, 2001 1:44 PM
To:     filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
Subject:        Re: filmscanners: Howtek D4000 or D4500?

Paul Graham wrote:

> fwiw,
> the guys at FLAAR (http://wide-format-printers.org/) dont have a single
nice
> word to say about the Howtek. They recommend the ICG drum scanner which
has
> a very clever vertical drum system and thus requires no mounting time/
mess/
> tape etc.
>
> paul

Isn't FLARR 'supported' by certain manufacturers?  That was my impression,
and that they slammed certain
systems simply because they were not supported by them..

And as far as those other systems:
If I had the money, it would be great, any idea of their costs?  The
Howteks, with all the extras will only
cost $6000 (or less).

Harvey Ferdschneider
partner, SKID Photography, NYC