RE: filmscanners: LS-40/Vuescan cropping

>> Surely, the frame spacing has no relationship to the make of
>> film.  It should be a standard 8 sprocket holes.  Any variance
>> has to come from the camera.  Some very cheap ones don't even
>> register the sprocket holes and vary spacing throughout a film.

Both rolls were shot on a Canon EOS300 - not a particularly 'cheap'
camera (although some professionals on here may disagree with that ;-).
Obviously, since the same camera was used for both it *must* be the film
that differs.

I think the uneven-spaced frames were from some cheap Agfa film which we
bought from a SnappySnaps or something whilst on holiday last year. It
certainly is a real pain to scan, though - I will be sticking to
Fuji/Kodak in the future.

Ed, you say Vuescan doesn't support frame-spacing - any chance you could
add in some funky functionality to automatically adjust the frame offset
after previewing each frame to kindof simulate adjustable frame-spacing?
Just a thought, anyway. ;-)

Thanks

Mark

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.