Re: filmscanners: Drum question

Todd Flashner wrote:
on 12/2/01 10:25 PM, SKID Photography wrote:

> We are contemplating the purchase of a Howtek, and were wondering how long the
> drums actually last.  I had
> always assumed that they sort of lasted forever unless you dropped them or the
> like, but I keep on hearing
> about 'crazing'.

Harvey

I don't own a drum scanner so anything I have to say is purely third hand,
but from what I've gleaned off lists, I only hear about the crazing of
Howtek drums in the context of Kami mounting fluid. It might be a good idea
to ask several of the supply houses what products they recommend using in
conjunction with Howtek drums.

Todd

Thanks Todd

Actually, what we have heard regarding that was that the Kami crazing problem was on the old drums only.  And that he newer ones don't have that problem.

Harvey Ferdschneider
partner, SKID photography, NYC

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.