filmscanners: too visible scratches

Title: Re: filmscanners: Correction for daylight slides with
I have had several of my negs scanned with Canon FS4000 and Nikon 8000ED.
Canon show an unbelievalbe amount of scratches and dust particles which Nikon didn't even show .
Has anyone tested Nikon/Canon 4000dpi scanners in this respect and had similar results?
This list has always said that it's Nikon which pronounces dust and scratches but my results are different. And it's not because of Nikon's shallow DOF, the effect is too visible.

Another question: what opinion do you have about Canon's FARE function compared to Nikon's ICE. On some of my negs Canon made strange things like erasing not only dust but also some details of the image, adding treaks of color and posterizing colors.

Regards

Tomasz Zakrzewski