RE: filmscanners: Re clogged nozzle fixed

> For information, I had gone through many periods where I was not printing
> anything for a week or two, maybe longer.  I think I will now try to put
> something through it at least weekly.  Still, I wonder how long it will
> continue to be clog free.

It sounds to me like either the rubber wiper and/or the sealing cap is/are
not working.  When the heads are not in use, they move all the way to the
right and are sealed off with the double foam pad that soaks up the ink
during cleaning cycles.  The pad carrier moves upward to seal off the heads
when the carrier goes fully to the right.  Check that it looks OK...problem
is, if you poke at it, it can become unseated...and won't work properly.  It
is held up by two springs, and they are tricky to get back into place if
they come off...make sure that both springs are there too!

The wiper is a black rubber piece that, during cleaning cycles, wipes the
heads.  If your paper towel solution seems to work, then the wiper may not
be working right.  If you want some pictures/more detail, I can do that if
you like.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.