filmscanners: ADMIN : LIST MAY VANISH ANY TIME NOW!

Dear All,

I regret the filmscanners list will temporarily be suspended whilst it is
moved to another server.

This was supposed to happen 23:00 tonight, but I am at the mercy of my ISP
and they may turn it off at any time today, tomorrow, who knows... they
don't seem to.

Mail sent to the list should be spooled, but of course there will not be
any delivery of mail.

Please do NOT resend mails because they are not arriving! They should not
be lost, but will be queued until the list is back in action. Resending
will only increase the backlog. In fact I would be grateful if you could
please send an absolute minimum until after the list returns.

Regrettably perhaps, it will be returning to the box on my darkroom floor,
where it was until a year ago. I will transfer all list and digest members
so there is no need for anyone to do anything.

I am taking this step because the 470GBP hosting charge for the next year
is just too much, and because Majordomo has been a total PITA from an
admin point of view.

I apologise that this msg is very short notice due to my having set up the
local listserver in preparation. I only just noticed that it was already
grabbing my mails.

If there is any delay in getting the list working again don't panic
please, it will be back ASAP.

Please don't mail me personally about this, I am unlikely to have time to
reply. And yes thanks, I am well aware of free hosting provided by the
likes of Topica, Yahoo! and Smartgroups. Apart from the disadvantage of
the list address having to change from the rather well-known present one,
there are a number of other issues, but mainly none of those will work
with what I intend doing with my site and the list itself.

Regards

Tony Sleep
http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner
info & comparisons