Re: filmscanners: Fuji 800

Which Fuji 800 film?  NHG-II? NPZ? Super-G?

I shoot a lot of Fuji 800 in theatre (subjects under stage lights) -- NHG-II
for quite a while, now NPZ -- usually at 800.  Sometimes I'll underexpose half
a stop when stage light levels are very low.  Grain and some grain aliasing can
be seen on scans with LS-30 and vuescan in the darkest (least exposed) areas;
but I think that is to be expected given the lighting.  Well-exposed areas have
not shown this.

--
Bob Shomler
www.shomler.com/gallery.htm

------------------------------
>>I just processed a roll of Fuji 800 which has both underexposed frames and
>>overexposed frames.
>Well, this roll of Fuji 800 doesn't seem to demonstrate the same awful grain
>I've seen in the past! :-7  Yes, there's quite a lot of grain, but perhaps
>because the photos are reasonably appropriately exposed, the results are
>much more useable.  The photos I had trouble with before were from a Fuji
>800 disposible camera taken underwater - so they were mostly very
>underexposed.  With this film, the underexposed shots are star trails, so by
>the time you readjust the contrast and brightness they don't look too bad!

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.