Re: filmscanners: X-ray scanners/etc

At 04:21 PM 11/25/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>At 02:54 PM 11/25/01, Doug Segar wrote:
>>Since the Administrator has issued no such notice regarding the hand checking
>film provision, the rule does apply WITHOUT exception.
>
>It is in no way clear that the Administrator has not done this.  It is
>difficult to find information on where the changes in security are being
>issued from.  For example, the FAA says that they (not the airlines) are now
>restricting the number of bags, but try and find a government order on that.
>I'm not sure where the provision for constant random baggage checks is that
>now occur, either.

Note that final revisions of regs  post 09/11 (effective 11/14/2001) can be
found at

http://152.119.239.10/docimages/pdf73/134599_web.pdf

The file is a large one but for those who do not wish to download it, the
essential point is that the provision on hand inspection of film (including the
critical word "shall") is unchanged and there is nothing in the document that
modifies "certificate holder" authority to change this rule without direct
authorization by the FAA Administrator .

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.