Re: filmscanners: Scanner Focus

> The second question has to do with background noise in dark areas.  I have
> some slides with dark backgrounds from either flowers taken against black
> backdrops or butterflies taken with a flash that illuminate the butterfly
> well but leave the backgrounds dark.  When scanning and viewing in my image
> editor I can see a moderate amount of shadow noise...but what is 'good' or
> 'normal'.  If I keep zooming in and blowing up the image it obviously becomes
> more prominent, but at what point does it become poor performance or a
> problem with the scanner.

Howard
I cant help with the focus problem but I can say that Vuescans multiscan
option should eliminate most, if not all, the noise in shadow areas. It
certainly works on my FS2710.

I hope someone can shed light on the focus problem as I'm soon to move to
4000dpi scanner. Perhaps one of the list members who is happy with their
FS4000 could scan a particular slide for you to compare.

Best of luck.

--

Regards

Richard