filmscanners: Pattern with Minolta Scan Multi

I have just rented a Minolta Scan Multi. Unfortunately, with all my
scans I get a very strong pattern. It looks like short vertical
streaks. Well, maybe it is best if you have a look at the attached
file. It is a part (some out-of-focus bushes on the left and some
in-focus skin on the right) from a Fuji NPH 400 negative film. The only
standard settings I have changed are 6x6, Color Negative, 1128dpi.
My first thought was that this pattern could be caused by the two glass
plates where the film is sandwiched between. Does anybody have any
better explanation and even better a solution for that problem?

Thanks,

Robert