RE: filmscanners: VueScan and highlight/shadow pixel clipping--wh y? (SS4000)

Stan, Leif,

I think you shouldn't use 0% for the white and black point, as this sets the
deepest shadows to 0 and the brightest lights to 255, and may result in
clipping. My usual settings are 0.1% for the black point and 0.5% for the
white point, but I seem to remember a post by Hamrick about this, so you may
want to dig in the archives.

Alessandro Pardi