Re: filmscanners: Canon 4000 scanner VS Nikon LS4000

What Nikon should do , to heat rid of the depth of field problem are:
Change to a new LED , better lens f stop , at least 5.6  .
They prefer a cool scan, low light, low energy ,no heat.
Imacon and other scanner manufactures prefer a more intensive light source
and a fan  to stable the scanner heat inside. In the new Imacon they  have
build in a thermostat  set at 20 Celsius ,
despite what conditions it is outside  in the room. The Imacon scanner lens
works at f stop 8 .
Mr Hemmingway  at Polaroid maybe can answer what is the lens f stop in a
ss4000 scanner.
Best regards
Mikael Risedal