filmscanners: Canon 4000 scanner VS Nikon

Conclusion regarding Nikon vs Canon 4000 ppi scanner
Text only.
Canon scanner  together with Vuescan are in Sweden the 1/2 price of a Nikon
LS 4000  with NikonScan 3.1 and Silverfast  .( Price in US$ Canon about 790
and Nikon LS 4000 about 1790 incl. VAT) Canon are hopeless slow   to work
with compare to Nikon Ls 4000. Nikon have also manual film handling  , quick
and easy. I use it every time.
The resolution and sharpness are equal between the 2 scanners  if Nikon film
are mounted in a glass frame.
Canon  have no problem with curved film  as Nikon have, who are sharp in
some areas and unsharp in others.
Canon can mybe be  quicker if scussi interface are used.    I don't know.
Silverfast + Canon not tested.  Silverfast are  IMO  best mid end scanner
software to use (if you know who to handle it),very fast but expensive.
Nikon LS4000 have better shadows and color  nuances than Canon.
Canon have some convergence problem,   shows on vertical lines out at right
side of my test negative
Canons own software    rely stinks!!!   and I hope they can better.
If you have the time because Canon on USB are hopeless slow than
the number one choice for the money is the Canon scanner together with
Vuescan software..

Mikael Risedal