Re: filmscanners: Quick / Quality Scans - Help

I happened to do Soccer, but with the same goal in mind.

First, get Vuescan (www.hamrick.com).  Best $40 you'll ever spend.  If you
get the white and black points right, and scan at 1/7, (it's in downsample
somewhere in Vuescan -- I think you just put in 7. You might try 8 or 9
too), you get webready images.  Put them all in a directory as JPEGs, about
75% quality.

Second, get a second carrier (slide or neg, whichever you use).  It doubles
your scanning efficiency to be loading one while one is scanning. Under $20.

Third, create another directory with the same name, but add -Webpage. It
cannot be a subdirectory. Use Photoshop to build a quick webpage.
File->Automate->Web Photo Gallery. Your picture directory as source and
your -Webpage as the destination.

It will create a file called Index.Htm in the destination directory. At the
hockey rink, open IE (or Netscape) and open that file.

That's it.

You can do the same thing with Polacolor, I just find Vuescan easier.

Tom